Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
°o° --------------------- °o°
Jack is already decking the halls for the Christmas season (yes, Christmas).
We’re on YouTube! Did you get a chance to check out our video? Could you tell how nervous we were? Check it out below:
Have you ever wanted to run a 5K, 10K or half marathon as part of a RunDisney event? They have a great website with tips and advice about how to train, where and what to do after the race itself. Here is a portion of what they have to say:
FIGHTING THROUGH SLUGGISH RUNS
One day, you may feel great during your workout but the next, you feel slow and don’t know why. Official runDisney Training Consultant Jeff Galloway is here to help you fight through “those days” with a few tips:
- Take walk breaks more frequently and slow the beginning pace of your run.
- Avoid running when the weather is hot and humid.
- Eat a snack to boost your low blood sugar levels.
- Remember to take your run one stride at a time to improve your motivation.
- Don’t try to run if you have a fever, chills or swollen glands, running will make you feel worse.
For more running tips, you can visit the RunDisney website at: http://www.rundisney.com/training/running/running-tips/
During this recording Heyzen misquoted the How I Met Your Mother episode where Barney runs the New York Marathon. To hear exactly “How To Run A Marathon” (according to Barney Stinson) check out the video below):
We mentioned that “beer o’ clock” is now in the Oxford dictionary and we weren’t sure if it was the only one added or if there were more. Turns out there was 1,000. Here’s a small list of the new words and phrases add this year:
- Awesomesauce: Extremely good; excellent
- Beer o’clock: An appropriate time of day for starting to drink beer
- Bruh: A male friend (often used as a form of address)
- Brain Fart: A temporary mental lapse or failure to reason correctly
- Butt Dial: To inadvertently call someone on a mobile phone in one’s rear trouser pocket.
- Cupcakery: a bakery that specializes in cupcakes
- Hangry: Bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
- Mx: A title used before a person’s surname or full name by those who wish to avoid specifying their gender or by those who prefer not to identify themselves as male or female
For next year, we’d like throw “Podketeer” into the mix. 😉
Now that Disney Infinity is out some people might have questions about what you need to play. In general you will need a base, a playset piece and at least one character. If you own previous versions of the game you might run into some compatibility issues. This next week to we hope to finish up a quick reference quick for those interested in owning Disney Infinity 1, 2 or 3.0.
BB-8 is a new character from the upcoming Star Wars movie. He’s a cute little ball of roboty goodness that looks like this:
This guy built his own!
Don’t you mean “Wrecking the Halls”????????????????
Jack only wrecks, not decks????????????????????????
We suppose so. ????
Just finished listening to the podcast and that’s not what I heard regarding Disney Infinity 3.0. I know for a fact if you own the previous game (2.0) on a disk you can buy 3.0 as a downloadable for like $30. It wasn’t available on the first day but for people who owned it, became available in hours after it was released to a full day. Yes that’s here in the US, same thing happened for 2.0 for owners of 1.0 but I think the same doesn’t apply when you upgrade for example from PS3 to PS4.