Many Boy Meets World fans were excited when the announcement was made that it would be getting a spin-off. Continuing to following the lives of Cory and Topanga Matthews as parents the show was not renewed for a fourth season as viewership fell from 5.16 million in it’s first season to around 1.5 million in it’s third. Although it had a charm of it’s own, many Boy Meets World fans were not happy with the spin-off. Many of the story lines were recycled and many of the shows lesson’s were really hammered in. The sad part of us losing this show is that many see it as a “wholesome” sitcom in a sea of what a lot of TV viewers consider garbage reality TV. Girl Meets World star, Rowan Blanchard, wrote an open ‘good-bye’ letter to their fans on her Twitter account which you can read below:
What do you think about Girl Meets World getting cancelled? Did you like the show? Leave your thoughts down below.
Big Hero 6 is getting a TV show? Here ‘s the 15 second teaser. What are your initial thoughts?
This last week we were introduced to 2 more characters from the upcoming film Cars 3. Jackson Storm and Cruz Martinez were introduced in a very cool highlight video (which served as the films second trailer).
Just days after we recorded this episode an extended trailer was released giving us more detail about what happens in this upcoming film. Check it out below!
We talked about a post by listener Karina regarding our comments about Rogue One. If you’ve seen the movie and/or don’t care about it being spoiled, you can read a portion of her post below plus there is a link to the episode post that has her entire comment. Here is a portion of it:
So much to say about this episode! But before I do:
****HUGE SPOILERS IN THIS POST! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ROGUE ONE!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***
Okay, just had to get that out of the way because I cannot express myself properly without getting into some of the major details of the film. Now, I know that my opinion is not the popular one and I am most definitely in the minority. But there are some things that cannot be denied which I will seek to point out. First things first: Heyzen-you’re an amazing guy; I have nothing but love and respect for you and your opinion. That being said, you are completely wrong about one thing. Rogue One is not a stand-alone film. It just isn’t. It was never intended to be. The film is meant as an addition to the story that is already there. The film, as a whole does not make any sense on its own. Let’s be clear: the only reason this film was even made was to capitalize on the Star Wars brand. There is no other reason for it. This story didn’t “need” to be told. The powers that be WANTED it to be told. Disney wants to make these films to make more money and expand on the univ…
If you want to read the entire post, head over to the comments section in Episode 132 by clicking here.
So, here we go! This is the commercial that everyone has been talking about and (dare we say) it’s what many Disney dreams are made of! The commercial was created by Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group and features a fictional “secret” warehouse that houses many attractions and items of Yesterland. Check out the video and then our list down below to compare how many items you spotted!
So how many items did you recognize? Here’s our list:
- The zip code to Marceline, Missouri (on the doors of the warehouse)
- Monsanto House of the Future (which mysteriously disappears shortly after, lol)
- Skull Rock
- Captain Hook’s Pirate Ship restaurant
- the Skyway buckets
- the old Tomorrowland Rocket Jets
- the old Disneyland Marquee
- Captain Rex (from Star Tours)
- an old Autopia car
- a Mickey Mouse plate
- A Golden Dumbo (from the 50th anniversary celebration)
- The Mighty Microscope (from Adventures Thru Inner Space)
- old Main Street, USA lamps
- a box with the Big Thunder Ranch logo
- Sam the Eagle’s head (from American Sings)
- Harold (1.0)
- People Mover
- old attraction posters
- Frontierland Stagecoach
- Princess dresses
- Cinderella’s glass slipper
- Evil Queen’s magic mirror
- The Nautilus from the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea walk-though exhibit
Misc items (or hard to place items)
- a treasure chest and coins (from either Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island or Pirate’s of the Caribbean)
- an old captain’s ship steering wheel (possibly from the Pirates of the Caribbean “lightning” scene)
- an old popcorn cart
- marquee letters (possibly from the Disneyland Emporium?)
- floor mounted binoculars (possibly from Grizzly River Run but hard to match)
- a tea cup (not sure from where)
- vintage film reel camera
- red phone booth (EPCOT UK pavilion)
What did we miss? Did you spot anything else? Leave a comment down below!
Until next time, here is to beers, cheers and Mickey Ears! °o°